WordPress is the most popular Open Source blogging Content Management System(CMS) Which allows the user to build dynamic websites and blogs. WordPress CMS allows the user to create different types of websites as well as blogs. However, without knowledge of programming and scripting language user can develop different types of website. Like E-commerce, News Portal and another organizational website from its admin (back-end) panel.
While the Content Management System (CMS) is a software where a user is free to create, update and share theirs freely. All CMS can store multiple multimedia components like text, images, audio, video, animation and other documents all this content as made available on your website. Furthermore, it is easy for editing, publishing, and modifying the content of the website. WordPress was first released on 27th may, 2003 by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little. Later in October 2009, it is announced as Open Source Software.
Features of WordPress:
The main reason for the popularity of WordPress is its features. Here are the lots of user-friendly features which makes WordPress is a robust CMS. It is going to be popular CMS. WordPress is a blogging tools.
In this section, admin can manage different types of a user on the basis of role like ( Subscriber, Contributor, Author, Editor ). All this user can manage by Administrator. An administrator can create or delete the user, change the password and user information. The main role of the user manager is Authentication.
Media managing is the media which are manage files and folder, which helps a user to upload, organize and manage the media files on your website.
In this section, the user can modifying the website view and its functionality you can change all images, WordPress them, CSS and other custom Pages and post. Theme System is the main section where you can handle all the themes options.
Extend with Plugins:
Plugins play the main role in website tim manage and modifying the website view and other functionality. Which includes different functions and features as per users need.
Search Engine Optimization:
Website will be popular if you properly set your content accroding to google search engine. It provides several search engine optimization (SEO) tools which make on-site SEO simple.
Language is the most important medium to communicate with a different person. Similarly, language play a vital role to understand content form this section user can translate the entire content into the different language as per user needs.
Importers helps you minimize your time to make your website looks like a demo site. If you want to importing data in the form of page, post or other types of form.
- It is free to use and distribute fast to make monetization.
- The user can change and modified the CSS file as their desire.
- There are lots of plugins and templates available for free as well as professional. A user can customize as per their need.
- WYSIWYG editor (What You See Is What You Get) is a user interface that allows the user to edit all the content. User directly manipulate the layout of the document without having a layout command). However, it is very easy to edit the content as it uses
- It’s is very easy to update Media files.
- Several SEO plugins help SEO more interesting and simple.
- Customization section is very easy user can easily modify the interface of the website.
- Easy to manage roles of users for a website such as admin, author, editor and contributor.
- Update Short period time maximum update makes user ugly.
- Using different plugins can make a website more confused.
- PHP knowledge is the basic building block of a WordPress website so the user needs to know about PHP.
- The regular update may make the loss of data. Modifying and formatting the graphic images and tables is difficult.